Monday 8 October 2012

Venezuela now


Chavismo won. It used all kinds of tricks but in the end, it would have won even without them. The tricks just optimized results. I had been making very cautious comments at Miguel's blog about the elections, but in the end, yesterday for some minutes I thought we may have a chance. I had expressed my doubts about an oppo victory many times, even if cautiously, even if a part of me wanted the miracle.

As I said before: it now depends on how cool we react and how Venezuela's Alpha and Omega, oil prices, evolve.

More on that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Kepler, I had always wondered what would become of you and everyone else on the Venezuelan- English blogosphere should Chavez win again.
    Also, I wrote about O7 from my perspective, part of it being a letter of sorts to my friends in Venezuela.
    http://stephaniend.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-hay-un-caminono-hoy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, life goes on.
    I think that most social democrats in Europe - and they are to the left of the median Democrat in the USA are as appalled as you are about the state of Venezuela.
    I thought the most likely result would be the military's victory, even if I didn't see the difference so high. Now several thousand professionals will emigrate. Still I think that if the opposition does what it has to do, it will win sooner than later and I mean earlier than 2019.

    ReplyDelete

1) Try to be constructive and creative. The main goal of this blog is not to bash but to propose ideas and, when needed, to denounce
2) Do not use offensive language
3) Bear in mind that your comments can be edited or deleted at the blogger's sole discretion
4) If your comment would link back to a site promoting hatred of ethnic groups, nations, religions or the like, don't bother commenting here.
5) Read point 4 again